The People's Awareness Coalition Forum
Page LogOn Time : • Greetings, concerned American. Note most topics reserved for members only. We welcome you to Register.
Home
Events
Search
Help
Login
Register
Latest Posts Help Center
Not My Government | ForumInsurgency AgentsWolves in Sheeps Clothing › Psychopathy Explains Devious Patriots
Thread
Print this Topic
Psychopathy Explains Devious Patriots (Read 18724 times)
The Melinda
Ex Member
Psychopathy Explains Devious Patriots
Mar 27th, 2010 at 12:26pm
Alert Moderator about this Post. 
Hi there, the article below is one I wrote several weeks ago to explain the problems we continue to encounter with people who turn out to be entirely devious and self-serving, both in the Movement and in government and corporations.  Now, we have an explanation!

Great to be here!  Melinda  Smiley

Psychopathy:  Explaining Craig Franklin and John Fund  
      by Melinda Pillsbury-Foster   

He constantly asks for sympathy, takes risks , lies to you and when caught shows no remorse.  It is unsettling, frightening. Somehow it is your own fault. But why would anyone do these things?  There is an answer.

The terms, "psychopathy", "sociopath," "sociopath," and others refer to individuals who look human but, in elemental ways, are not. They harbor a condition which cuts them off from us. Their automatic emotional reactions, foundational to limiting wrong behavior, do not exist. These individuals emulate compassion, concern, affection, kindness and love – only to further their purposes. They feel no compunction about stealing, lying, or committing crimes to achieve their goals. They consistently demand sympathy, knowing perfectly well they deserve none.

They do not want or need sympathy. But they do need you to feel sorry for them, to want to help them. It is all manipulation, emotions emulated to get what they want. They know we feel sorry for them and project the existence of emotions they never feel, just another lie.

People catching their eyes report feeling a chill of fear, as if looking into the eyes of a predator. Psychopaths are predators among us. The pain and suffering of those around them mean nothing, is pleasure to them. Their motivations seem inexplicable to the emotionally normal, who comprise 96% of the population.

Psychopaths have no conscience.

Where before little was written on the condition outside of professional journals, now much more is known. This is changing.

The evidence, now mounting, indicates the condition has a genetic element which becomes activated when combined with the conditions in the life of the individual. The last few years have taken understanding of the condition known as 'psychopathy' to new levels.

While only 4% of the population have the condition Martha Stout, PhD., points out in her book, The Sociopath Next Door, you are likely to have contact with psychopathic individuals on many occasions during your life time. You therefore need to understand the danger signs.

Experts in the field of psychology have been researching the problem since 1980. Much is now known.

In 1999 Robert D. Hare, Ph.D. published Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us. Today, thanks to Robert Hare, David Kosson, Pd.D, and others, the means exist to reliably diagnose the condition. The test, carried out by qualified professionals, allows us the tools needed to understand and to take steps to help victims. The test, known as Hare Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R) and the Hare Psychopathy Checklist when used by qualified professionals makes available the means to identify those with the condition. As with other tests it, presumably, will soon be commonly used in court proceedings.

Hare's new book, Snakes In Suits: When Psychopaths Go To Work, written with Paul Babiak, Ph.D., and published in 2006, opens the issue of the impact of the condition on the workplace, including large corporations.

Since psychopaths live and work in every part of our culture we must consider this issue. How many sociopaths have worked their way into the management structure of corporate America? Estimates vary widely and lacking documented evidence all numbers are open to question. However, the behaviors associated with psychopathy, lack of conscience, lack of concern for the well being of others, a pattern of blatant lies, and others, strike many as strongly present in corporate culture today. Both the recent banking and mortgage implosions are evidence of this conclusion.

What if the present meltdown is partly due to a growing presence of psychopaths in upper management? Disturbingly, this may well also be true in higher levels of government given the  massive  cross over which exists at the highest levels of each. Logic supports the theory.

The test originated by Robert Hare has proven to be a valuable tool both to help victims and, increasingly, to open the door for victims to find justice. The work of Hare and his associates may, possibly, be used to the benefit of business and politics as well.

Psychopaths can impact us from every direction. For individual victims there is also hope.

Through the Aftermath: Surviving Psychopathy website victims participate with clinicians, therapists and others to move on with understanding. The site provides a Forum for victims, clinicians, and therapists for discussion and could well become the hub needed to generalize understanding of the condition in the general public.

Reading books on the subject, such as the excellent work by Martha Stout, Ph. D., The Sociopath Next Door, provide tools and tests which you can use personally. Dr. Stout, a practicing psychologist and clinical instructor in the department of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, warns the reader to beware of those who fail the simple tests she outlines. Three lies and your out, is one of simple suggestions she proposes.

In dealing with the overall problem Stout raises other questions which are profoundly on point for all of us today.

On the question of war: Should sociopaths be tolerated as useful in time of war? Are we intentionally allowing psychopaths into the military? Perhaps recruiting them?

Has our toleration and ignorance smoothed the path for ugly behavior in other parts of our culture? What would a psychopath do, if elected to office? If they were the determining factor in deciding what matters, their profit or your health?

Have we considered the dangers the unchallenged presence of psychopaths present when combined with the tendency in most of us to defer to authority?

If winning is the only thing that matters there is nothing you will not do. Recognizing no limits, psychopaths ignore the damage to others. As any small, determined group can change the world for the good, as Margaret Mead said, so a small number of individuals could destroy it. We need, therefore to  limit the access of psychopaths to power while identifying them to the public.

A short tour through the books and the Aftermath: Surviving Psychopathy site raise questions which may well open up new understanding of ourselves. As individuals, parents, activists, and businesspersons, as Americans, we need to know.

This is the first in a series of articles about psychopathy and how we can solve the problems it presents by the author. Thanks to David Kosson, Ph.D., for his help in generously providing information and for his editing. - MP-F

Original posting at : http://www.pillsburyjustice.info/psychopathy.php
‹‹Last Edit: May 9th, 2010 at 8:23pm by LB Bork ››
IP Logged
LeAnne
Junior

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
It is up to us!
Country of Georgia

Re: Psychopathy Explains Devious Patriots
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2010 at 5:54am
Well done, and I can think of a few at the corporation (where I am currently a human resource) who fit the bill.

If not us, then who? If not now, then when?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
Visit the Website slfaulk luvmypugly
IP Logged
NoNWO
Ex Member
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2010 at 8:19pm
     This idea that psychopaths are living among us, and look just like us, but are not at all like us, reminds me of that Harrison Ford movie Blade Runner.  The only way one could tell them apart was a retinal observation test, while thay were asked  various questions.  I think they were called replicants.  "Psychotic" seems to fit these creatures, as it fits perfectly to many who seek positions of authority.  I would imagine it similarly difficult to discerne the psycho from the human.  Crazy World huh?
IP Logged
Federal Farmer
Junior

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
proud Iowa national

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 6:41pm
"Blade Runner" is a great flick.  Another movie that does a great job of exposing the hidden rulers is "They Live" starring Rowdy Roddy Piper, not nearly the cinematic gem of "Blade Runner" but still a fun flick for exposing the psychopaths around us.

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 14:12

"The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His commandments are sure.
They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness."  Psalm 111:7,8

"The weed of democracy must be pulled up by it's 14th Amendment root."  F.F., Iowa national
IP Logged
George
Sophomore

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
The Progenitor

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 8:12pm
Reads like a job description for U.S. Presidents:  Able to give EO's in a single bound.

We don't worry about what they're doing…We just do what we need to do.
IP Logged
LB Bork
NMG Global Moderator

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
Git 'er Done!
Country of Illinois

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 8:42am

There is another article posted here : http://www.notmygovernment.us/forum/NMG.pl?num=1269748619

"There is Tranquility in Ignorance, but Servitude is its Partner."  —me
Visit the Website LB Bork
IP Logged
LB Bork
NMG Global Moderator

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
Git 'er Done!
Country of Illinois

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2010 at 3:55am
Narcissist. Cf. Fatuus, apud jurisconsultos nostros, accipitur pro non compos mentis; et fatuus dicitur, qui omnion desipit; Insanity; Lunacy; Memory; Moral insanity; Sound mind; Tabetic dementia; Unsound mind;

1. Excessive love or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit. 2. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem. 3. Erotic pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one's own body or self, especially as a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/narcissist

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, Fourth Edition: Narcissistic personality disorder 301.81 1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance- exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements; 2) in preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty or ideal love; 3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people; 4) requires excessive admiration; 5) has a sense of entitlement- unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations; 6) is interpersonally exploitative; 7) lacks empathy, is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others; 9) shows arrogant, haughty behavior or attitudes. http://www.psychologynet.org/dsm.html

The Liberal Mind, By: Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D. ("Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."); http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=6&SUBDEPARTMENT_ID=20&ITEM_ID=2...

U.S. v. Cohen, No. 06-10145, 06-10199, 06-10201 (9th Cir. 12/26/2007) (In the report, Dr. Roitman diagnoses Cohen as suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder, and concludes that Cohen "did not intend to violate the law, as would be the case with a criminal who acted out of a desire for personal gain" but rather "[h]is behavior is driven by a mental disorder as opposed to criminal motivation . . . Although it is true Mr. Cohen was not delusional or psychotic and was in possession of basic mental faculties, his will was in the service of irrational beliefs as a result of narcissistic personality disorder."); http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data2/circs/9th/0610145p.pdf   

Coleman v. C.I.R., 791 F.2d 68, 69 (7th Cir. 1986) (Some people believe with great fervor preposterous things that just happen to coincide with their self-interest. Judge Frank Easterbrook,);

IP Logged
Wizard Killer
Ex Member
Psychopaths among us..
Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2010 at 10:57pm
Beware the [Political] Psychopath, My Son
by Clinton Callahan

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Politicians/Political_Psychopaths.html

Please read and comment?
IP Logged
Rich of Illinois
Sophomore

PAC Groups
PAC Staff

Re: Psychopaths among us..
Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2010 at 12:05am
One could almost completely substitute "the corporation" for every instance of "psychopaths" in that article, and it would still read correctly.

I guess a consequence-less corporate, or psychopathic, existence would be the desired outcome of many communists.  I believe that may precisely be their agenda, as a strong moral fiber is fatal to the state.

We should almost expect those percentages to sky rocket if public education is allowed to continue.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

Thomas Jefferson
hilo4noff
IP Logged
LB Bork
NMG Global Moderator

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
Git 'er Done!
Country of Illinois

Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2010 at 12:08pm
Nice observation, Rich. This would offer some insight why things are so strange as of late.

One of my observations of learning what is going on is that corporations have to go!

IP Logged
George
Sophomore

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
The Progenitor

Reply #10 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 1:20pm
from the KK:

DO NOT "poo poo" this until you have taken a moment to see it for yourself.
Spell the word “Illuminati” backwards.
You get the word “itanimulli”.
Now add “.com” at the end of “itanimulli”.
Put “itanimulli.com” in your Google search bar.
Hit “search”.
Tell me to which website that brings you!
WELL?  How can this be just a coincidence?  I don't know what to think about this one.

KK

We don't worry about what they're doing…We just do what we need to do.
IP Logged
Chief
Sophomore

PAC Groups
SN Society
It's Not My Government!

Reply #11 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 2:04pm
Illuminati (backwords) .com took me to the NSA web-site.  Smiley
IP Logged
LB Bork
NMG Global Moderator

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
Git 'er Done!
Country of Illinois

Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 11:38pm
Chief wrote on Jul 2nd, 2010 at 2:04pm:
Illuminati (backwords) .com took me to the NSA web-site.  Smiley

Someone has too much time on their hands... Anyone can buy a domain and forward it anywhere he likes.

IP Logged
Thread
Print this Topic
Not My Government | Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4.
YaBB © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.

Site Born: November 2008
contact
I need to know more about PAC...
I would like to get started with PAC...